Five Simple Home Remedies for Dry Hair
- Olive oil: using olive oil is a very old and known remedy for treating damaged and dry hair, for oil is rich in vitamin E and antioxidant. Warm some olive oil, depending on the length of your hair, and massage your scalp with the warm olive oil for about ten minutes. Cover your hair with a warm towel leaving the oil overnight or for at least 45 minutes. Then shampoo and condition your hair, and do this remedy once a week to have a healthy hair.
- Avocado: Avocados are rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as protein, essential fatty acids, and minerals that will help restore luster to your hair. Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with one egg or some olive oil; apply this on your wet hair leaving it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water and do this once a week.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is a great natural conditioner that can improve cleanliness and shine of your hair. It also restores pH levels helping you to get rid of an itchy scalp. Mix one cup of white vinegar with 3 or 4 cups of water, and then apply them to your hair after shampoo and conditioner. Leave the vinegar on your hair for a few minutes and rinse it with water.
- Banana: Banana is an incredible treatment for your damaged hair because of its richness of vitamins A, B, C and E along with minerals like potassium, and biotin. Banana can help a lot if you face the problems of hair breakage, dandruff and split ends. Mash one ripe or overripe banana and add one tablespoon of almond oil and two tablespoons of honey to it. Apply it on your hair leaving it for about 30minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water, and do this once a week to get great results.
- Egg: Egg, particularly egg yolk, may be the best natural moisturizer for your hair because it's a source of protein which is very helpful for you lifeless hair. Whip one or two egg yolks with 2tbl of lemon and 2tbl of honey. Massage your scalp with the mixture leaving it for about 20 minutes. Then rinse it with shampoo and water.