How to Get Soft Hands at Home
Your hands go through a lot during the day, beginning with washing the dishes to taking care of everything in your life, so you should take extra care of your hands, especially if they are dry.
1) Moisturize: Moisturizing is very important to your hands; you can use your body lotion to moisturize your hands, yet it's better that you choose a hand moisturizer that contains glycerin because hand moisturizers are usually thicker than lotion, and this is helpful for rough dry skin.
2) Exfoliate: exfoliate your hands to get rid of dead skin that makes your hands look old. You can make your own scrub at home. Mix two tablespoons of sugar with the same amount of olive oil, and scrub your hands with it. Use an electronic cleansing system that has a body brush attachment to allow for deeper cleansing. Then wash your hands with warm water and tap them with a clean towel; this will give you a very soft and glowing hands.
3) Reward your hands for day work with overnight moisturizing treatment: soak your hands in warm water, and then apply a generous amount of your hand moisturizer on your hands. Then slip a thick pair of cotton socks over your hands. Do this right before you go to bed, and in the morning, remove the socks, and your hands will be very soft.
4) Wear gloves: when you go out in cold weather, wear your gloves as they will help your hands to stay soft and not to crack by the cold weather. Also wear rubber gloves when you wash the dishes because this will prevent chemicals from getting into your hands.
5) Stay hydrated: staying hydrated helps your skin, in general, to be soft and look young. Drink eight cups, about two liters of water, during the day, and try eating more fruits and vegetables as they are full of vitamins that are important for your skin health.
6) Don't forget the sunscreen: many people forget applying sunscreen on their hands, but you shouldn't. Sun can dry out your hands' skin and cause wrinkles, so be careful to apply sunscreen on your hands when you're exposed to the sun.