There has been a lot of excitement recently centered upon cosmetic treatments that not only produce visible results, but that are also non-invasive. Of the various cosmetic solutions that fit this description, one type that is currently getting a great deal of attention is the derma roller.
If you are looking for a treatment option that will help you correct a wide array of cosmetic problems, the derma roller may be exactly what you are looking for.
However, there are many people who actually wonder what a derma roller or micro needle roller is? A derma roller is an instrument that is used in a fairly new development in skin treatment known as collagen induction. The derma roller itself is a tiny cylinder bristling with micro needles. While it may look like those needles will hurt, the truth is that they are so small they only penetrate the outer most layer of the epidermis, which is actually not painful at all.
Basically, this means that the derma roller is one of the least invasive skin care treatments that has been shown to produce results when used for skin conditions like acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and blemishes.
Of course, before you go out and purchase products, it is important to get a good idea about how collagen induction actually works. To put it as simply as possible, derma rollers are actually used to promote or increase the growth of collagen structures in the skin. Through poking hundreds of tiny holes in the skin, the nerve endings that alert the skin to produce more collagen are triggered, thus stimulating the production of important collagen structures in the skin. With the new collagen structures, the skin is rejuvenated and restored, your wrinkles smoothed and your blemishes erased. Read about natural skin care here at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_skin_care.
Collagen induction therapy, through the use of the derma roller, has been found to produce measurable, noticeable results on such dermatological problems as wrinkles, blemishes, acne scars and stretch marks. Yet another advantage of derma roller treatment is the fact that using a derma roller can radically increase the amount of topical treatments that your skin can absorb, topical solutions like Vitamin C serum and so forth.
When you are looking for a non-surgical approach to a skin problem like stretch marks or wrinkles, then you will certainly benefit from learning more about derma rollers.
Now that you understand what the derma roller does and how it works, I will outline the steps needed for achieving the best results.
Since the derma roller pokes tiny holes in the skin its very important to let your skin completely heal, we suggest using it no more than 4 times per week if you are using the 0.5mm and if you are using the 1.0mm or the 1.5mm then its best to use it once per week. To speed up the process and take advantage of the pores being open, its best to use a 20% Vitamin C Serum that has Witch Hazel.
Steps to follow:
- Cleanse the derma roller needles with alcohol.
- Make sure to wash your hands.
- Wash your face or the area you're going to use the derma roller on.
- If you have sensitive skin you can apply numbing cream.
- Apply a moisturizer cream if your skin is dry to soften your skin and allow for easy rolling.
- Roll the derma roller on your skin while gently pressing.
- The derma roller should be rolled horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.
* Your skin will turn red and you may feel a stinging sensation, this is the needles creating the channels and its normal.
- At this point your pores are open and it is a good time to apply a Vitamin C serum.
When you are finished using the derma roller, make sure to wash your hands and the derma roller. Its also good to use alcohol on the needles to cleanse it before storing the derma roller in its protective case. Please remember that it is best if the derma roller is not shared with others.
- Olive oil: using olive oil is a very old and known remedy for treating damaged and dry hair, for oil is rich in vitamin E and antioxidant. Warm some olive oil, depending on the length of your hair, and massage your scalp with the warm olive oil for about ten minutes. Cover your hair with a warm towel leaving the oil overnight or for at least 45 minutes. Then shampoo and condition your hair, and do this remedy once a week to have a healthy hair.
- Avocado: Avocados are rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as protein, essential fatty acids, and minerals that will help restore luster to your hair. Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with one egg or some olive oil; apply this on your wet hair leaving it for about 30 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water and do this once a week.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is a great natural conditioner that can improve cleanliness and shine of your hair. It also restores pH levels helping you to get rid of an itchy scalp. Mix one cup of white vinegar with 3 or 4 cups of water, and then apply them to your hair after shampoo and conditioner. Leave the vinegar on your hair for a few minutes and rinse it with water.
- Banana: Banana is an incredible treatment for your damaged hair because of its richness of vitamins A, B, C and E along with minerals like potassium, and biotin. Banana can help a lot if you face the problems of hair breakage, dandruff and split ends. Mash one ripe or overripe banana and add one tablespoon of almond oil and two tablespoons of honey to it. Apply it on your hair leaving it for about 30minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water, and do this once a week to get great results.
- Egg: Egg, particularly egg yolk, may be the best natural moisturizer for your hair because it's a source of protein which is very helpful for you lifeless hair. Whip one or two egg yolks with 2tbl of lemon and 2tbl of honey. Massage your scalp with the mixture leaving it for about 20 minutes. Then rinse it with shampoo and water.
Your hands go through a lot during the day, beginning with washing the dishes to taking care of everything in your life, so you should take extra care of your hands, especially if they are dry.
1) Moisturize: Moisturizing is very important to your hands; you can use your body lotion to moisturize your hands, yet it's better that you choose a hand moisturizer that contains glycerin because hand moisturizers are usually thicker than lotion, and this is helpful for rough dry skin.
2) Exfoliate: exfoliate your hands to get rid of dead skin that makes your hands look old. You can make your own scrub at home. Mix two tablespoons of sugar with the same amount of olive oil, and scrub your hands with it. Use an electronic cleansing system that has a body brush attachment to allow for deeper cleansing. Then wash your hands with warm water and tap them with a clean towel; this will give you a very soft and glowing hands.
3) Reward your hands for day work with overnight moisturizing treatment: soak your hands in warm water, and then apply a generous amount of your hand moisturizer on your hands. Then slip a thick pair of cotton socks over your hands. Do this right before you go to bed, and in the morning, remove the socks, and your hands will be very soft.
4) Wear gloves: when you go out in cold weather, wear your gloves as they will help your hands to stay soft and not to crack by the cold weather. Also wear rubber gloves when you wash the dishes because this will prevent chemicals from getting into your hands.
5) Stay hydrated: staying hydrated helps your skin, in general, to be soft and look young. Drink eight cups, about two liters of water, during the day, and try eating more fruits and vegetables as they are full of vitamins that are important for your skin health.
6) Don't forget the sunscreen: many people forget applying sunscreen on their hands, but you shouldn't. Sun can dry out your hands' skin and cause wrinkles, so be careful to apply sunscreen on your hands when you're exposed to the sun.
Are you tired of acne popping up every now and then and here and there? Do you want something to help you prevent acne breakouts and keeps your skin clean and clear?
They say you are what you eat, so let's get some help from your food. A balanced diet will help your skin stay healthy and get rid of acne problems.
Here are 8 foods that you can add to your diet easily that will help you prevent acne breakouts:
Fish is rich with omega 3 and omega 6 that can help open up your pores and to prevent inflammation that cause acne.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a source of vitamin C that boosts your immune system and strengthens your cell walls. It also keeps your pores open and helps your skin glow.
Garlic is full of allicin that helps in fighting bad bacteria that hurts your body, and it helps in preventing any inflammation.
Broccoli is packed with very important vitamins A, B, C, E and K for your skin. It helps in fighting the damage in your skin and providing you with a clear and fresh skin.
Apple is a great source for pectin, the enemy of acne. Eating apple, especially it's skin as it's rich in pectin will help a lot with your acne.
Walnuts are rich in linoleic acid which protects the structure of the skin, and they keep the skin smooth and soft. Walnuts have high amounts of vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and iron which are important for healthy skin.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is packed with vitamin E that helps protect your skin from scarring. Use some oil with your salad or any other kind of food.
8. Brown Rice
Brown rice is an acne fighter because magnesium helps balance out acne. When it comes to rice always choose brown rice over white rice, as it's full of vitamin B, magnesium, protein and antioxidants.
So, do you think you can add these to your diet? These are very simple foods that you can add to any recipe or use as snacks, overtime your skin and your body will appreciate it.
Dark spots like wrinkles and acne are not a pretty sight. They can appear on our skin at any time or age. Different factors can result in these dark spots; exposure to sun, hormonal imbalance, stress, vitamin deficiency, aging etc. And any such imperfection lowers our self-esteem.
Like most things in the world, dark spots are also treatable. For permanent solutions laser is one option. But there are many home remedies or over-the-counter products that can help eliminate these spots.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties. Apply some lemon juice on your dark spots with the help of a q-tip. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash off with warm water. Do it for two weeks and you will see that your spots have lightened. If you have sensitive skin, you can also add a little bit of honey or rosewater to the lemon juice.
Potato juice also helps to fade dark spots. Potato can be used in two ways. You can apply grated potato to the affected areas or you can massage your skin with some potato juice. Some people have also found tomato juice to be as effective.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the best natural things for your skin. It helps brighten, heal and hydrate skin. Rub some fresh aloe vera on your spots. Do it twice a week for one month. You will notice a difference in your skin. If you are unable to get your hands on fresh aloe vera, store-bought aloe vera juice can also be used.
Water is very essential for your body. To keep your system functioning properly drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Many skin problems will automatically be resolved just by drinking water. Gradually, you will get rid of your dark spots and freckles.
Use Dark Spot Corrector
There are many products available in the market nowadays that can treat dark spots. They have brightening properties in them. Beauté La Royale Dark Spot Correction Moisturizer helps in reducing dark spots, age spots, sun damage and blemishes. It also brightens your complexion and renews production of collagen. The results are visible in 9 weeks. (Click here to find out how to get a FREE Dark Spot jar.)
Use a Derma Roller
A Derma Roller can greatly help the removal of dark spots and acne scars. The idea behind the derma roller is it creates tiny channels in the skin which helps regenerate new skin cells and it also allows for dark spot creams and serum to be applied much deeper into the skin making the products more effective and multiplies the results.
Hope these tips and tricks help you eliminate your dark spots. Remember, whatever method you chose, you need to stick to it for over a month for best results.
Aging is every woman's nightmare, but we will help you to get rid of this nightmare and have a great skin. Elasticity is very important to your skin, here are six steps to help you improve your skin elasticity.
1) Drink Tons of Water
Water helps your body to stay hydrated from the inside out, and it will provide your body with oxygen and nutrition keeping your organs nourished and vital. Having 2 cups of water will greatly increases your blood flow throughout the body and skin. Carrying your water container with you could be your first step to drink more water during the day.
2) Watch What You Eat
I once heard that what we eat reflects on our skin, eat properly if you want a glamorous skin. Look at your food for a day, and decide what you need to change. Start eating a lot of fruits and vegetables as they are full of vitamins that are necessary for your skin.
3) Exercise More
Exercise is significant for your skins' elasticity, as it increases both your muscle mass and your blood flow helping your body get rid of toxins. Go for a walk early in the morning, this will help your skin to get more vitamin D which will help your skin to be healthy.
4) Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
Keeping your skin moisturized will help your skin to be healthy and reduce wrinkles. Choose a moisturizer that contains collagen and vitamin E and apply it twice a day on your skin.
5) Protect your skin
Try to avoid the external things that may hurt your skin during the day. Don't use artificial creams, and try to be careful with your make up. Wear sunscreen when you go out, even if it's for a short time. Keeping your skin clean is essential, Beauté La Royale Skin Cleansing System can help you get firmer and healthier skin. It Massages your skin which stimulates collagen production, exfoliates dead skin, and decreases wrinkles and fine lines.
Many people believe that once you get wrinkles you’re stuck with them for life. It is true that with aging wrinkles are inevitable to avoid, however, there are certain measures which you can take to delay their appearance and even to get rid of them.
Avoid The Sun
This may sound surprising to you, but sun rays are the main cause of wrinkles. To prevent your skin from wrinkles you should avoid to go much in the sun and if you do, try to wear a good sunscreen to keep your skin healthy.
Get Proper Sleep
To keep your skin away from wrinkles you need to have a proper sleep of at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Research postulates that when people don’t get enough sleep their body produces extra amount cortisol due to which the hormones in their body break down and produce wrinkles.
Eat More Vegetables and Fruits
Fruits and Vegetables are full of antioxidants due to which they fight the damage caused by damaged cells in your body and reduce wrinkles. If you want to stay young forever you should add a good deal of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
Take Vitamin C
Vitamin C enhances the production of collagen in your body due to which your body fights off pigmentation and inflammation and delay the process of wrinkling.
Use Almond Oil
If you want to reduce wrinkles from your skin, then you should massage your face with almond oil at least thrice a week. Just take 2-3 drops of almond oil on your fingertips and apply them on the affected area before sleeping. You will be surprised to see how almond oil to reduce your wrinkles in just a few days.
Sunscreens protect your skin from the dangerous Ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. Just like you choose different creams like moisturizers, cleaners or toners according to your skin type, similarly it is important that you select the right SPF according to your skin type. To protect your skin not only from tan, but from wrinkles and fatal disease like cancer, you need a sunscreen which provides your skin with complete protection against both the UVB and UVA rays. There are some tips which will help you choose the right sunscreen for your skin this summer.
If you have an oily skin, then you should go for a sunscreen that is in the gel form or is water based. It will not only give your skin a cooling effect, but will also prevent it from summer breakouts. To prevent your skin from oil you can can use sunscreens with 45 SPF.
If you have a normal and healthy skin you can use any lotion having SPF in it. The lotion based sunscreen will give your face a right amount of hydration in the summer due to which your skin will look fresh. For normal skin you can use lotions with 15 to 30 SPF.
Well, if you have a dry skin, then you should go for sunscreens with high levels of SPF. High levels of SPF will give your skin the right amount of moisture in summer and will prevent it from flaking and sebum. For dry skin you should use sunscreens with SPF up-to 75.
Fed up regularly attempting to defeat annoying oily skin? Try these 6 tips and let me know what you think!
While everybody experiences various skin kinds as they mature, you could find yourself as a grownup pondering why your skin is still oily. When all the wipes and lotions and cleansing soaps do not suffice, it could in fact take a simple and tiny change in lifestyle.
Use these suggestions to get your oily skin controlled.
1. Clean Your Skin With an Oil-Based Cream
This is not the first thing you think of for oily skin, however, your skin has to be very well moisturized. If your skin is not moisturized it will compensate by producing more oils. You can remove your make-up with a cleaning oil prior to utilizing a much more standard cleaning technique.
2. Do not Wash Your Face at night
Many have said that water will not damage your skin or perhaps you have thought or heard that cleaning your face two times a day could eliminate tracks of oil and shut out pores. That is not true, your skin may overreact. Wash your face with only water at night and include a mild facial cleanser or a little cleansing soap to eliminate make-up and excess oil.
3. Avoid Hydrating Masks and Oily Products
This is hard to do. On one hand, we have to keep the skin’s organic hydration, yet on the other hand, we should not utilize a lot of oily items. An option is to use a non oily moisturizer. They will certainly not close pores and will certainly make your skin look better.
4. Exfoliate Every Early morning
If you have blotchy skin, exfoliating daily in the mornings could do wonders. If your skin is a sensitive type, avoid exfoliating more than twice per week. Avoid items that are rough, which could produce tiny fractures in the skin.
5. Do not Cross Contaminate
The items that we apply to our hair are awesome for hair, yet they could often trigger little pimples on acne-prone skin. Best practice if you have long hair is to put it in a ponytail prior to you going to bed so that your face does not lie on your hair. Try to replace your pillow cases as often as you can, you do not want to have any type of oil or skin cells on the pillow case and be in continuous contact with your face.
6. Always Utilize a Very Clean Towel for Drying Your Face
Always utilize a clean towel to dry your face. It does not matter whether you make use of fabric or paper towels, the important thing is that the towel is clean. Do not use the towel you used for the rest of your body since it contains oils, lotions, and soaps. You can re-use your body towel but do not put that towel on your face.
Do you think you defeated oily skin? Let us know what helped you in the comments section.
Why spend money on expensive spas? Give yourself this simple and healthy at home facial that leaves your skin looking beautiful and radiant.
Follow these 6 steps and get your skin glowing again!
1: Double Cleanse
Do this step twice to remove makeup and cleanse your skin very well. Facial oils remove your makeup and grime better than anything, find one that will work for your skin type.
Depending on your skin type, follow with a creamy cleanser and also apply it to your neck and décolleté!
2: Exfoliate The Skin
Exfoliation removes dead cells and allows your skin looking fresh and lets other products penetrate the skin more effectively. Pick an exfoliator that fits your skin type, choose cream if it’s delicate, granular if it’s normal, or enzyme-based which can be used on most skin types.
3: Warm Towel
Soak a soft hand towel or cloth in warm water, squeeze the excess water and place it over your face to dilate pores and boost circulation. Wipe off product residue and follow with a facial massage. Gently work a cream into your skin with circular motion movements.
4: Use a Cleansing System
One great way to exfoliate and deeply cleanse the skin is to use an electronic skin cleansing system. Beaute La Royale Spin-X is a great option for all home users due to its low price and options. Use the facial skin cleansing brush once per day with a face cleanser to exfoliate then follow with the facial sponge and a moisturizer to keep your skin healthy.
5: Apply A Face Mask
While cream is still on your face, apply a mask. Choose a firming, hydrating, nourishing, stimulating, refining, or formula, depending on your skincare concern. Leave the mask on your face for approximately 15 minutes. Make eye pads using cotton wool and alcohol free toners and put them over your eyes. Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and then wash it all off.
6: Apply Vitamin C Serum or Cream
The last step is to apply a Vitamin C Serum, apply the serum or cream during the day or night. If it is during the daytime, apply sun protection! By now your skin should look invigorating, bright, and smooth.